Friday, January 29, 2010

portlanders

I met my friend Jess today for happy hour at Hungry Tiger Too today.  I've been there a few times before but this was my first extended stay there where multiple drinks were bought.  Also, I realized that Spanish Coffees with whipped cream do not mix with mustaches very well.

I also realized (or more likely reaffirmed) that this is my home.  I am a Portlander.  I may have grew up somewhere else but I've been here for over seven years now.  Jess is newer to Portland but she's spent a good amount of time in the Northwest.  However, since we're both born in the Great Plains, we can catch the apparent differences and greatly appreciate them.  Jess also works with people with developmental disabilities in a fine arts setting so we have a lot to talk about in the work realm too.  Overall, it was a great time and cheap too.  I had two rum and cokes and my Spanish Coffee and Jess had two gin and tonics and it only cost us $13.50.  I love this city.

What else?
With the money I saved I drinks, I went to cartopia and bought a fried pie.  I was talking to a co-worker earlier about the peanut butter fried pie and I began craving that.  However, when I went to order, I ended up choosing the savory Vegan Empanada.  It was okay but I should've got something sweet instead.

No comments: