Tuesday, January 5, 2010

a new quarter


I'm not ready for this.

Winter break was too long and not long enough all at the same time.  It was too long because it allowed me to break all of my habits of focusing on reading and allowed me to get hooked on a new Wii game.  It was too short after all of that happened.  When is it all just going to be fun again?

After leaving work yesterday, I felt like ass.  I went home, got into my PJs and watched several episodes of Golden Girls.  I had bizarre dreams all night about how balancing a yellow bowl of porridge on my head meant that it was going to disappear, I would end up with cold porridge all over my face and I wouldn't be able to go to class.  However if I balanced a red bowl, it would hold and all be okay.  I would skip work but be okay with going to class.  In my dream, I must have balanced a sturdy red bowl of porridge on my head because I ended up calling in sick to work but feeling well enough by the end of the day to make it to class.  That's a weird sentence.

My first class of the winter term was held in the new social work building, the student rec center.  After work calms down at the end of January, I'm gonna take advantage of the center and go exercising or at least use their sauna/hot tubs/pool.  My new instructor seems like a nice guy.  There were about 25 people in class and I only had class with 6 of them last quarter.  It's a whole new world with a very familiar dark cloud above my free time.

No comments: