Sunday, January 3, 2010

my way

I do my worst thinking at 5am with no sleep.

When I was going to Kearney, I lived in a basement apartment of a house with my housemate Nate and Brian crashed there too.  Above us, there lived a rotating group of guys that liked to throw parties and secure their amateur status as drummers.  I also had a job for a while that started at 5 am.  Needless to say, there two parts did not mix well.  As I would lay awake at night, I would think of wondrous things like power outages, fires or better parties that could possibly end the night or at least get the stereo to stop.  I recalled those nights last night.

My new thing was going to Burger King off Hawthorne and MLK...at 5 am...with Dean.  Before 5am, DJ Herbal Tea played "The Last Dance" but I knew it wasn't going to be literal.  Afterwards, he played the Star Wars disco version and I had enough.  Our walls and my door is not that thick and my patience was that thin.  Instead of running into the garage and flipping the breakers, I grabbed Dean and left the house.  My lack of sleep had depleted my energy and I needed more food.  Our house was dry of food and I didn't want to be around anyone anyway so I left.

Contrary to how I may sound, I do like parties.  I like parties that I can leave when I'm ready to go (or just choose not to attend in the first place).  Parties at our house don't allow me to do so, not if I want to go anywhere where I can sleep.

I did realize that my emotions were running high and I wasn't thinking rationally though so I avoided everyone until I got some sleep and even then I kept my distance until I could get home (from food donations), walk Dean, clean my tub and take an aromatherapy-salts bath while reading a Buffy comic book anthology and listen to some Bonobo.  That's how I like to party. :)

No comments: