Friday, January 1, 2010

anew


I woke up after roughly six hours of sleep to a sunny morning and an eager-to-walk dog.  I took Dean to Reed so he could run around (and roll in wet shit in the meantime) and I could try out their new pull up bars just off the sports field.  What a nice way to start the new year and the new decade.

I know it was almost a third of my life (so it stands that it would be momentous) but it was especially critical.  I got a dog, went vegetarian, moved, came out, found some amazing friends, discovered my vocational calling, got laser eye surgery, tried a helluva lot of new things (some stuck and some didn't) and started school again.  It's crazy how much my life and I have changed.  In 2000, I was living on my own in a small apartment in the Midwest by myself, working at Hastings Book, Music and Video and was generally lost and confused.  I didn't know what to do but I knew I wasn't happy.

I'm not sure if it is become I'm older and wiser or if it's because I'm actually in a better space.  I'd think that it's the latter because I can be incredibly immature and not too wise.  It's a good time to reflect and I'm happy to report that I'm happy.  I am definitely not where I planned to be ten years ago but I don't think that I could have foreseen this.  I'm glad it's gotten me to here and now though.

What else?
We sat inside most of the day, recovering from last night and resting up for tomorrow's party.  We watched a marathon of Three's Company.  Jack Tripper condones rape, neighbor Larry is a pimp and Janet wears pantyhouse with short shorts when she exercises.  Say what you want about the 2000s but it doesn't compare to the tragedy of the late seventies and early eighties.

I changed the blog template. Whaddya think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I vote for the black background. It felt more original and made the pictures stand out more.