Saturday, January 9, 2010

test drive dog


Tonight, I met Scout, a mixed-breed dog that looks like a large beagle.  She has a lot of hound in her and hardly barks.  She's about 5 years old and really sweet.  I think 5 years old is close the perfect dog age because they still have a lot of energy but they have the brains to know what to do with it.

Sophia is considering getting a dog and Scout's owner is looking to get rid of her because they never bonded.  Dogs are a lot of responsibility so I can see not wanting to take all of that on if you really don't feel attached to the dog.  At the same time though, Scout has been through three other human, all of which have gotten rid of her for the same reason.  This dog is not unlovable.  I just do think that she's had the time to grow on anybody.

Dean didn't attach himself instantly to my heart either.  After he tore a four foot hole in my kitchen carpet, I had flyer made up to give him away and I had a co-worker Peggy that was willing to take him.  I was so close to getting rid of him but my co-worker Chele said that it would be like giving away a kid.  Still, the dog really pissed me off but his big brown eyes won out in the long run and I have never regretted keeping him.

Poor Scout.  If we had more room, I'd take her in too.  If I had more room though, I'd take a lot more animals in.  I guess it's because I'm a softy and attach to animals quickly.

What else?
I spent most of the day worrying about a test that I was supposed to have for my 550 research class.  However, I couldn't find the test on-line so i e-mailed the professor.  It turns out that the test isn't available until next week.  Woo-hoo.  I feel like I was just given a reprieve.  I'm not feeling well so I don't want to go out but I find it hard to study in my house with so many distractions.  I'll just put off my reading until next week when I'm feeling better.

Funky Door closed down.  Sad.  I highly value coffee places within walking distance that have couches.  Hopefully another one will spring up in that location soon.

No comments: