Tuesday, January 19, 2010

recs in effect


Today I found one of the best student benefits other than the education I am receiving.  The new student rec center takes up the first four floors of the new building which houses the social work program offices.  They have a pool, hot tub(!), rock wall (!!), elevated track (pictured above) and a whole lot more.  All of their running/climbing machines have a small TV mounted to it like the screens of travel DVD players.  I can tell where my tuition dollars went.

I left work a tad early to get to campus before class so I had time to explore the rec center.  I bought a padlock, changed into my workout gear and ran on a treadmill for a bit while I watched a bad FX movie with no sound or closed captioning.  I thought that was sort of silly (I like closed captioning) but I will definitely be going there more often.  The hot tub was closed today but I am sure that it will be my new thing before too long.

No comments: