Saturday, January 2, 2010

the capicorn party


I wish I knew more about music but all I can say is that I'm learning.

Today, at the Victory, Wendy and M2's Capicorn birthday party, I DJ'ed in the living room (for the first time).  I did the early set so I could get away from people when they got too drunk and I got tired of it all.  I figured out that, with my new DJ program, it counts the beats per minute which helps a lot when trying to mix them up.  I need to start recording my sessions because I had some real great transitions.  The problem is that I got busy talking to people and missed a few as well.

Someone did chat up me about Bonobo though.  I don't DJ lounge or ambient music.  I do mostly electronic dance and retro stuff but maybe I should expand my horizons.  I like Lemon Jelly, Thievery Corporation and Niyaz but I don't have a lot of chill music.  However, I totally lover Bonobo now and maybe I'll have to find more of him and like him.

I also did my best singing in Kareoke at the house and maybe ever.  I've had some fun performances but the songs are never that challenging.  I actually credit Wii Rock Band for helping me stretch out my vocal chords.  I believe that I pulled out a damn good-for-me Tiny Dancer last night with Ashes.  It was probably one of the best times I've had singing in recent memory.

And finally Dean attended his first concert that I can remember.  The Eclectic Bastards held their reunion in our garage.  It was a fabulous night for music...although the music may have played on too long...

No comments: