Wednesday, January 27, 2010

running to the sun

Every day start as wonderful as today did.  I feel bad saying that considering an acquaintance of mine just killed herself.  I am sad that she's gone.  She was an incredibly vibrant person that appeared to be so strong on certain levels.  I'm really surprised that she did it.  However, I'm also really disappointed in her for doing it.  A mutual friend is going through a lot of shit right now and this just makes it so much worse.  Really, the person that kills themselves takes the easy route out and the people they leave behind are left to pick up the pieces.

I realized that life does go on.  That's one of the many reasons why I would never off myself.  People will mourn you.  Hell, maybe even loved one who can't live without you will follow you but life still ticks on after you're gone so why miss out on it?

This morning, I was determined to get to the PSU gym and go to the hot tub.  I thought it'd be a fine way to start off the morning but when I got there, it was closed.  However, the elliptical machines on the top floor face the east wall which is basically a big window.  The people that were running on these machines were bathed in the sunrise and it was too inviting to pass up.  I went up there and ran my first full workout on those machines.  I was also fortunate enough to find Shaun the Sheep on TV which is stop motion animation ala Wallace and Gromit so I was laughing out loud while running.

The sun stayed out pretty much the entire day.  I didn't actually go to work-work until the end of the work day.  After class, I took the bus out to my Powell store and had a "words not fists" meeting with one of my clients.  By the time I bussed back to the office, I had to sit through one class and then it was time to go home.  I can't believe I got paid for the whole day.  I love my job.

What else?
I went to Crush and had chocolate martinis while I talked to Arturo after work because it was the perfect way to end a perfectly satisfying day.

No comments: