Sunday, January 31, 2010

food bike cart

Sometimes I just don't get it if the universe is trying to give me a message.   Recently, my food donation partner has been inviting someone else (who has a station wagon) along because there's enough food and she has a family to feed.  Also, I've given up doing the clothing donations because of school obligations.  And I'm in the process of getting rid of my car.  The main thing holding me back is the food donations.  Today, the rest of my house needed the car so I didn't have access to the car at the time I needed it.  All of this should have made me realize that it wasn't meant to be anymore and I should just give up the food donations.  I'm not saying I'm rich or anything but I do have the money to buy groceries now.  When I started doing the food donations, it was because I took a job that paid a lot less and I was determined to make it work.  Well, it did and I should move on.  But no, I did it on bike.

The bike cart hasn't fulfilled it's function of being a form of transport for Dean.  Dean's actually gotten better and doesn't really need to be pulled around in a cart.  So I used it today for food.  We still used my partner's friend's station wagon but I hauled my own personal box in my bike cart.  I don't know if that's what we'll be doing from now on but it worked for today.  Plus it was a beautiful sunny day out.  Maybe, in that respect, the universe was telling me to go for it but to go by bike.

What else?
After 16 years, It's a Beautiful Pizza had it's last day today.  A crowd of us went there tonite for one last slice.  I have a lot of good memories from the place and it's been an active activist place for many years, hosting shows, speaking engagements, meetings and video showings.  Their atmosphere was great, the location was ideal, the pizza could be good (especially when you special ordered a slice or pizza) but I guess it just wasn't making money.  It's been a food staple of mine for a while now, an option that's always out there.  It'll be missed.

No comments: