Wednesday, August 22, 2007

early to bed


My friends the Eclectic Bastards returned from their nation-wide tour tonight. To wrap up their tour, they played one more show at the Ash St Saloon here in Portland. It was originally announced that they would play at 9 pm. They later sent out an e-mail saying it would happen at 10 pm. When we got to the Saloon (for the first time), we found out that there was two opening acts before them.

I love the Bastards and I really wanted to go ape-shit dancing to them but it was a “school night.” I have to be up at 6:20 am to work tomorrow. I ended up leaving around 11:20 pm which is early and I didn’t even get to see them play. I did get to watch Renegade which is this multi-media performer who apparently makes his own videos that go along with the song that he plays next to the video being projected. It was…unique.

Seeing the Bastards right as they returned did make me a little more anxious to go back to touring Europe with Riot Cop. That’s another thing I did yesterday. I paid Justin for the plane tickets! We fly out October 2nd and return on the 29th! I’m very excited about it now that it’s set up! Soon, I will not be going to bed early. I will be up til 4 am about every night drinking and dancing. Ah Europa!

No comments: