Thursday, August 2, 2007

in the dark


Chi-kung was awesome today. I missed last week's due to the Riot Cop show so I was anticipating this week's class.

We did our standing excersize for 21 minutes which is a new record. It felt like a new record!! My legs were a-shakin' and my arm ached afterwards so I was really glad when we were told to get chairs for our next meditation which is a first. Then, after a few of the standard excersizes, we did a new one. One person would stand behind the other person with their hand on the person's opposite shoulder so they were off to one side or the other to the leader. They would close their eyes and follow by touch (not grabbing) the person. It was quite a sensation being led around by someone, following their movements and just trusting that they won't lead you into a pole.

There's a visually-impaired guy at work that I work with a lot of the time. He's the first blind person with whom I have had consistent contact. It's odd because I lead him around a lot and I've never really thought about putting myself in his shoes. It was an experience, walking around blind and depending on your guide and trying to keep up with them. The guy at work constantly pulls me back and it always had kind of annoyed me because I can never walk at a decent pace with him but I guess he's just being careful. Maybe he doesn't fully trust me as a guide. I think this is an exercise I will try to get more people at work to do.

No comments: