Sunday, July 17, 2011

bringing it all together

For the past two months and nine days, we've been overexposing ourselves to the neighbors. When we started painting the living room, we took down the curtains. We have a lot of shrubbery in our yard which hides our windows slightly but I would still run from the bathroom to the bedroom in my robe (although it would be any of the neighbors' problem for looking in the windows.

After our difficult process yesterday, I was relieved to get curtains and put them up. Plus we got sheer which looks really pretty. Ashes also put up our new light fixture and I assembled our floor lamp which also works beautifully.  Really, I absolutely love it. We had a lot of other fun ideas for curtains and sheers but Fred Meyer didn't have the product in stock. Still, I'm tickled to have what we got.

What else?
It rained pretty much all day until 4pm. It started after Sophia left for yoga so I went to pick her up. I met her at the Grilled Cheese bus. This thing is so unorthodox that after living in Portland for nine years and doing all that I do, it still managed to drop my jaw. I got a half-ass picture of it but I plan to go back sometime and actually eat there as my new thing soon.

No comments: