Sunday, July 10, 2011

fair thee well

Today was wonderful. Going into fair, I was planning on wearing my pink clothes on Thursday because I wasn't that excited about the outfit. Then I discovered these hotpants! Whenever I stopped to have someone take a picture of me with my cell-phone so I could update my facebook, I had other random people snap shots of me. I was also walking down through the fair with friends when the dragon came parading by. A hot guy in a kilt told me that I was definitely wearing a parade outfit so I needed to join them. I danced along with the parade and absolutely loved it.
Sunday is typically a fun day because it's the day that we get visitor passes so our friends show up. This year, Jesse, Gail and Tim all came down. They seemed to enjoy it and I loved taking them around. I love seeing Jason Webley on Sunday too. Today, he did a cover of Piano Man called "Accordian Man." He pulled up people to represent each of the characters in the song. My favorite was "John at the bar" who's quick with a joke. His joke was, "So, this baby seal walks into a club..."  He later on inspired a parade of accordian players and enthusiasts to take over the drum tower!

Later on, Victory and I went to Webley's 11pm show at Shady Grove. It was my first show in the 8 at night. Webley is an awesome storyteller but he's had a rough year and is taking time off from touring. He says at least a year. It'll be sad not to have him at the fair tomorrow but it was beautiful to be able to attend his late night show at OCF.

No comments: