Saturday, July 16, 2011

ikea'l you

Box stores are exhausting. Sophia and I went to Ikea today for my first time. We were looking for curtains for our living room and we foolishly thought that Ikea would have something decent. For the record, their curtain selection sucks and just getting to that sucky section was a cumbersome process. Still, it was an adventure and we did end up finding nice light fixtures. Also, I was comparing what I saw there to what I saw at the Whole Nine Yards in Portland and that's not a fair comparison.

The Whole Nine Yards is an awesome fabric and upholstery store. They don't sell curtains but they can make them for you. However, it would be a six-week wait and we were tired of having our living room be completely exposed with no coverings. We plan to continue the hunt for cool curtains but not today. Ikea kicked our asses.

What else?
I ended up doing a lot of new things today:
* Dean and I discovered the Sue Parman field just five or six blocks from our house where he could run around.
* Sophia and I went for brunch at Utopia for the first time. I loved their potato pancakes.
* After striking out at Whole Nine Yards and Ikea, Sophia and I unsuccessfully shopped at the Ross Dress For Less by the Ikea store.
* Ashes, Victory, Sophia, Atomic and I met Justin and Jenn at Bazi Bierbrasserie to watch the Timbers win their first away game since going MLS.

No comments: