Saturday, July 9, 2011

fair and easy camping

One of the reasons I like "camping" at the OCF is that it makes camping easy. In my tent, I have a mattress and sheets. Next year, I'm not going to bring a sleeping bag at all. I'll just bring extra quilts. My morning routine consists of walking into the 8 where I can have a shower and sit in a sauna with people singing spirituals.  I grab an almond roca latte on the way back to our camp.  I also have access to the RV so I can cook meals there if I choose to. However, for the most part, I just eat in the fair. It's not cheap but it's delicious. Today, I had an Eggplant Parmesan sandwich from Gritz La Ritz for the first time. At night, we all walked around with the jellyfish again and I had an awesome mojito courtesy of a fellow fair-goer. It was fabulous. I wish all camping was this easy.

No comments: