Friday, July 15, 2011

the last spell

Tonight I saw my last Harry Potter movie in the theater. It's odd to think that all of the HP hype is over with. No more books, no more movies. It went out with a big bang although they deviated from the text greatly to hype up the action. I was disappointed in that. I was also disappointed that they included the last chapter from the book in the movie. All of the characters looked ridiculous and everyone laughed through the scene which was supposed to be touching. It was also funny because there was a collective groan when the title shot for the last scene came up. I'd have to say that I liked the first part of the film better but maybe that's because this one relied on it so heavily. Still, I'll miss the magic and the wonder of it all and the way that the whole franchise made reading popular for kids again.

No comments: