Saturday, June 19, 2010

26,000 bare butt cheeks

It's crazy that Portland's World Naked Bike Ride doubles every year.  Last year, there was around 5,500 people on the ride so I thought, there's no way they can double it this year.  But they did.  There was around 13,000 people on the ride.  That's 26,000 bare butt cheeks (of course, not everyone was bare-assed though.

As much I enjoyed the ride last year, this year was so much better!  I thought that the route was better planned, the bottle-necking in the bar crowds didn't happen (YAY!) and we spent a lot more time on the eastside.  Plus, this year I had three buddies with me.

It's difficult to write about the ride because it truly is one of those had-to-be-there moments.  Also, out of the three WNBR's that I've been on, the two that I have been completely naked for completely outshined the one I left my boxers on for so I think it's also one of those had-to-be-naked things too.  It's exhilarating, fun, crazy and liberating.  I absolutely love that I live in Portland and get to experience the biggest WNBR in the whole known universe.

What else?
After this year's ride, the four of us went to Blowpony and danced a helluva lot!  My favorite part of Blowpony was the times where they would play, "Don't Stop Believing," and all us gays would belt it out.  Props to Glee.

Who would have figured though, with over 13,000 people on the ride, I would end up on the Oregonian's website?  I'm hiding behind the pole in the third picture down.

No comments: