Tuesday, June 8, 2010

destination unknown

Inspired by my new-found time and my friend Jen's bike ride to the airport a few weeks ago, I decided to get on my bike and ride.  I ended up biking over 12 miles through the nether-regions of Milwaukie, OR.
I had no idea where I was going when I got on my bike this evening.  I just knew I wanted to ride.  Riding the bike typically serves a function for me but I realized yesterday that I'd love to ride more often just for the simple sake of riding.  I started out going around the Eastmoreland Golf Course and headed down Milwaukie Blvd until I got into the town of Milwaukie.
I usually don't ride park paths but I realized today I am missing out.
I ended up heading to Spring Park.  I was gonna get off my bike and walk down path toward the river and then I decided to mountain-bike it instead.  I rarely use the Mountain Bike half of hybrid.  It was a lot of fun going down unbeaten paths.  I may actually develop an interest in mountain biking.
Even though it began to rain, I decided to hang at the riverfront for a while.  I used to rely on my black hoodie to keep me dry and it used to work so I did it again today.
While I was feeling adventurous, I wasn't quite ready to bike the busy part of Milwaukie Blvd back.  About the time I realized I was biking over discarded car parts on the side of the road, I got off and onto a side road that eventually led me onto the bridge and the Springwater Corridor.
While I was enjoying the ride, I was getting soaked and I started to fear for my phone.  I ended up taking a detour on the corridor which led me to Johnson Creek Blvd and way outta the way.
It was a different path and just what I needed tonight.  I love being out of school and riding my bike carelessly was one of my ambitions.  At times, I can be very uncomplicated.

No comments: