Friday, June 25, 2010

the end of 2010 pedalpalooza

Sigh.  I'm gonna miss this.  As much as it can be stressful to try to plan so many different costumes, there's nothing quite like riding alongside a crowd of other dressed-up cyclists while wearing a cape and getting applause from pedestrians.  I can't go on any rides this weekend since I will be doing OCF prep in Eugene so this is my last night to ride.

I took my Robin costume back out today after an unsuccessful attempt at other costumes earlier in the week (I didn't post about my trip down to Joanne's Fabrics on Wednesday because it was such a disaster).  I was afraid that I wouldn't be up to par with the other costumes.  However, some others just went as a generic superhero.  The tumbling guy from the Gayest Ride of the Year came as Duff Man from the Simpsons which was AWESOME.  Other than that, I really liked the old-school Rogue costume and a Maxx which I didn't get a picture of.

The ride was great.  It was very well planned out, having four stops at four different parks with a supervillian to defeat at each park.  BP was the first villian (pictured above) as they covered stuffed animals in black-dyed water and chucked them at us.  That was my favorite supervillian.  On the ride itself, I got lots of shout-outs from the crowds as I was a recognizable character.  One guy on Hawthorne yelled out, "Atta boy, Robin!  I always knew you'd make it on your own!

I love this city.

What else?
After the superhero ride, Sophia and I continued onto the Lit and Loud ride which was also the drunkest ride I have seen.  We found out the ride route wasn't long and they took a 45 minutes beer stop so we bailed early.  I will definitely be planning costumes early for next year's rides and may even organize a ride myself.

No comments: