Friday, June 18, 2010

the weekend is here!

I haven't looked forward to a weekend this badly in ages.  Pride! World Naked Bike Ride! Blow Pony! It's just tooooo much!

I started off today early.  I was up by 5am and out of my house by 5:30am so I could get down to the PSU gym before work.  If I'm gonna be naked in front of thousands of people, I'm gonna work out first.  Then, after working out, I hit Breakfast on the Bridges on my way to work.  How awesome is Portland that people will just give you pastries for riding your bike in the morning?!

Work was okay but it couldn't get over soon enough.  Right afterward, I headed home quick to change and then meet Tim at the Pride Kick-off ride.  It was disappointing but I did get to meet some other nice people on the ride and five of us (Martin, Tim, Wyatt, Zach and I) went to Hungry Tiger Too for lunch.

All and all, it was a pleasant way to prep for what promises to be a pretty impressive weekend.

What else?
When I put on my helmet this morning, I felt a sharp pain in my left temple.  I took off the helmet to find a wasp had just fallen out.  It bit me on the side of the head.  Luckily, it didn't swell up (my head, not the wasp).

No comments: