Saturday, June 26, 2010

working to prepare the fair

It's coming!

Last year, when we went down to the Oregon Country Fair for a work party, I was sort of at a loss for what to do.  I knew stuff needed to be done but I didn't know who to ask to get started so I just hauled bamboo for two days straight.

This year, I had more insight into how things work and I jumped right in.  I helped Tim build a bench and I spread dirt around as they rebuilt the stage.  It felt a lot more organic this year and I was a lot more comfortable.  I cannot wait for it to begin.

What else?
We had a show at Autonomy and I worked the door with a young punk kid named Eli who unintentionally made me feel older but that's not a bad thing.  I also met a cool person with an awesome accent from the UK who was thinking of moving her.  I talked to her so long that my friend BHT felt the need to come over and remind me that I'm gay.  Ha ha.

No comments: