Monday, June 14, 2010

a daily dose of cute

With school done, I have more time at work.  I remember what this was like.  My job used to be a lot more joyful.  My plan for this summer is to make the most out of the privileges of work for me and my clients.  Today, that privilege was playing with kittens.

One of my clients really really wants to volunteer at an animal shelter.  For the longest time, her home providers have been saying that they will take her to check out a shelter for volunteering opportunities but they have yet to do so.  I had time today so I found a shelter, Animal Aid, near her house and drove her there to check the place out.

It was a big house converted to a animal shelter where cats were able to roam free (within the building) except for those with illnesses, bad tempers or kittens.  The kittens had their own room and a whole lot of fun things to play with and climb on.  The place only had a few other visitors there so my client and I had the whole kitten room to ourselves for a while.  I was in no hurry and she was in heaven so we each played with the kittens for about a half an hour.  And I got paid for it!!!  It's nice to remember just why I love this job so much!

No comments: