Wednesday, June 16, 2010

stood up

Grrrr.  I hate dating.  First dates are (almost always) akward.  I (almost) never look forward to them.  Today, I was supposed to have a tea date with a guy and, while I was in the bathroom before our date (painted awesomely as illustrated in the picture above), I kind of just wanted to stay in there and not go out and meet the guy.  Almost fortunately, he didn't show up anyway.

I like older guys generally but 50 is a bit old for me.  Plus he seems kind of woo-woo, all crazy into harmony and tapping into the spirit of the universe and shit.  I'm kind of over that and much more jaded.  However, this was the first time I had been stood up and I was probably more pissed about the time I waited at a coffee shop on stupid hipster Alberta and the fact that I paid for a damn bus pass to get up there.  Alright, maybe I am a little bitter about getting stood up but I just know that I am better for it.

No comments: