Saturday, June 12, 2010

star wars vs star trek

I love Pedalpalooza.  I was not intending to go on this ride up until about 1pm today when BikePortland twittered out the above picture of the Enterprise.  Then I quickly went to Goodwill, bought a red shirt and became an expendable.  For those of you who don't know, the Red Shirts in Star Trek are crew members who are often sent on expedition teams so somebody can die.  It's usually, "Kirk, McCoy, Spock and Ensign Ricky." Guess who's not coming back...  My name today was Ensign Zach Rafice. 

It was an awesome ride just to see everyone.  I could totally get into Sci Fi convention stuff because where else can you see Darth Vader and a Cantina Dancer living it up or members of the Star Fleet sharing a pizza while they get drunk.  Too fun!

What else?
Oh, my night didn't stop there though.  Sophia and I finished the ride which ended up at the Rock Climbing Gym on Burnside and a Bike-In Movie showing of Pee Wee's Big Adventure.  It's been far too long since I've seen that movie!

1 comment:

Specialfxlady said...

I can't believe that I missed PeeWee's Big Adventure!