Friday, June 4, 2010

i love you for your TLP but i'll come back for the lack of pig

I didn't know what to do for dinner tonight until I saw this. (click me)  I love the Red and Black and I have for years.  The staff is great, the patrons are my community and the food (long live the TLP) is fabulous!  However, it's good to be reminded from time to time just why I love it.

The story in the link above is national.  It's crazy the type of thing that Portland gets publicity for but that's why I'm here.  I know a lot of people may find their actions objectionable but I'm not about to go into a Republican convention dressed in my black hoodie and mask and expect to be welcomed so why would a cop (an ARMED cop) expect to be welcomed at an Anarchist cafe.

Anyway, my new thing is seeing the performers that happened to be here tonight, Seth Martin and Sara Tone.  I was more thrilled to see the large crowd here, despite a call for a liberal boycott.  However, I really came here to show my continuing love and support...and for the Tempeh Lettuce and Pepper (TLP) sandwich.

What else?
 As soon as I saw the story about the cop, I got on my bike and headed down here, leaving my camera behind.  I also have been having problems with my phone so I couldn't take a picture.  However, being always prepared, I had my computer and used my webcam for the first time to take a picture.  I kind of liked it (the using of the webcam, not the picture itself).  I may have started something...

No comments: