Thursday, June 17, 2010

foundation work

Today was a good start.

Q Patrol, our community answer to the bashings that happened, met for the first time today.  There was a large turnout for the meetings and I'm skeptical about how many people are going to stick around, especially when we start talking tactics, but it was promising.

I really like the radical queer community in Portland right now.  It seems like there's a lot more people ready to get involved than there were back in the days of Queer Revolution.  Of course, we weren't constantly recruiting people into QR so that may have explained the lack of interest.  I'm glad to see it now anyway.

The meeting was a good intial meeting as far as initial meetings go.  It could have been more focused but then again, it could have ended up less focused so I'll just be grateful that we got anything done with the amount of diverse opinions we had there.  I'm really liking seeing some of the same people at all of these events too.  Some of the same people who were at the forum or at the self defense class were there.

I am getting tired of biking up north though.  Maybe I just need to move further north and then the ride won't be so bad.

What else?
It was also my first trip to Sock Dreams.  I do not buy new clothes as a general rule but I do go for new socks and underwear.  I could see myself spending way too much money at Sock Dreams now that I know where it is.

No comments: