Friday, July 3, 2009

tune it up

I bought my bike six years ago in a pawn shop in Vancouver, WA. Since then, it's been in the shop (Seven Corners) several times but always in a reactive capacity. I had not done any preventative or general maintenance work on it. Since I was getting ready to go without it for a week at the Fair, I figured I could drop it off now and get it done. Also, people during Pedalpalooza were constantly saying that my bike sounded troubled.

I brought it in on Wednesday and Rick there told me several things that he could immediately spot as being a problem. I told him he could keep it a week to fix it up but I got a call today, saying it was done. Overall, I needed a few parts replaced and a lot of labor on it. It cost me $120 but when you figured that was for 6+ years of maintenance, I'd say I came out pretty good.

Anyway, the bike has never ever run this good. It's basically a brand new bike to me. I am once again in bike love.

No comments: