Saturday, July 11, 2009

a vacation that was all i ever wanted

I used to love family vacation time. It didn't matter where we were going because we were getting away from it all. It's been a LONG time since I can say that I have had a legitimate vacation, no working a punk tour, not a family visit, just a straight-up, nothing-to-worry-about vacation. Today felt like a vacation day.

I didn't have to 'work' the booth until the last two hours of the day so I spent the rest of the day taking in the fair. I didn't even feel the need to buy anything. I just wanted to sit in the grass, eat some good food and be entertained. I saw Jim Page, Dr Atomic's Medicine Show, March Fourth (2x today) and I-Chele & the Circle of Light (that last one was a group that was performing in Commie Village while I was doing my shift). Whenever I wanted to get through Fair quicker, I followed a parade. I danced right behind Chinese Dragon and had to dodge it's tail and I hitched behind a flying carpet. What a day.

No comments: