Saturday, July 25, 2009

homos got talent



I don't think that I can say I have a talent. I mean, I'm good at certain things but people usually won't pay a $5 cover to watch me correct their spelling and grammar. By talent, I mean a physical ability. My brother and I can both bend our legs in a messed up manner but, again, it's not worth $5.

Tonight, though, I realized that I may have talent that I just haven't tapped. The Egyptian Room, Portland's most famous lesbian bar, hosted Homo's Got Talent, a talent show for queers, complete with sassy judges and all. I think that I may have missed a part of it but I got in on the dance portion. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the acts. There were some cool, overly gay acts and then some funny skits as well. The two I particularly thought were creative were the Dino Ballet that told the story of omnivores vs carnivores and Cattitude which illustrated the love between an older lady and her pussycat (set to Melissa Etheridge's Come to My Window). Both were fun and imaginative. I particularly loved when the Dino Ballet turned up the Jurassic Park music and the Dinos fell in love. Then it turned to the Jurassic Park rave music and they threw glow sticks into the audience.

I think that all of the acts were very creative and it's made me think that maybe I can exhibit some talent as well. I can dance. I just need to get some choreography and costumes....

No comments: