Wednesday, July 15, 2009

learning the O to the TAC

I've really never felt assisted by the Oregon Technical Assistance Corporation, yet they're supposed to dictate how a large part of my job is done. In Febuary of 2007, they rolled out a new way to do our Individual Service Plans. The problem was, I started this job in January of 07 and was not familiar with the old way to the ISPs. So, without giving me a solid foundation on which to build this new knowledge that these people were supposed to be bestowing upon me in Feb 07, I was kind of at a loss and have been ever since.

However, my job is good at training and we've had a lot of new blood come into the staff lately so my boss thought it was time for a training specifically geared towards our job. She had a trainer from OTAC come and talk to us allllll day long. The trainer was awesome though (it didn't hurt that she was down at the OCF selling collapsale hula hoops either) and really made sense of it all. I feel like someone just snapped a whole lot of puzzle pieces together for me finally and now I can see what the picture is supposed to look like.

No comments: