Sunday, June 28, 2009

the doors crew

I headed back down to OCF today for meetings and more work. I gotta say that it was difficult to prepare myself for another five hours in the car and another shower in bug spray. I'm also sick of sandwiches. Fortunately, during fair, we will be taking the RV and there will be some awesome food available (vegan philly cheese steak!!!!).

Again, I feel a bit of apprehension. I don't know why because these are some of the most unpretentious folk around and some of the most accepting. It's just the idea of something new and the fact that I can't just go home and chill with my dog. But I'll get through it. I'm sure that once I'm there and have something to do, I'll be fine. Aside from the bugs, I haven't really heard anything negative about. Of course, that's all been from social individuals. I'll have to wait and see how I adjust.

However, we did have a full booth meeting and a full community village meeting so I had the chance to meet and talk with several people that I'm going to be around during the majority of the time and I didn't get a bad vibe off of one of them. The people in the photo above are the people that are going to be working in the Doors of Expression booth with us. It's a lot of people for a small booth so I guess we better all get friendly. Fortunately, I don't forsee that as being a problem.

No comments: