Friday, July 10, 2009

such great heights

When I came down for the fair last year, it was overwhelming. There was so much to look out and the path seemed so windy that I was certain I was missing things. Today, I got to accept that I absolutely was going to miss things and I had to be cool with that. Yesterday, even though the fair wasn't open, I know I was missing things because I was in line for a picture badge for 2 hours. Fortunately, my friend Michael (The Lord Humongous) was in line with me and we got in line behind Heather (H-bomb Deluxe) and Marco (General Mayhem), two performers from Vegas, mainly stilt walkers. Their group name is Great Heights.

As big as fair is, it was great that I ran into them today while I worked my first shift at the Community Village (Commie Village). They had on wonderful costumes and stayed in character (they were eight foot goats). They were the first people I really met at fair so I was glad to see them again. Plus, I realized that I saw them last year as well as I was looking at that post.

No comments: