Friday, July 31, 2009

jumping beings

I heard once that as you go along in life, gravity plays havoc with your internal organs, stretching them downwards and therefore compromising their integrity. I guess that's aging but until I heard that, I never really thought about the internal side to aging. One would surmise then that acrobats and tumblers have slightly more youthful insides.

Maybe we are supposed to spend more time upside down. Maybe we should be hanging more. Give your organs a break and swing from your legs. I like hanging upside down. I don't do it enough, even with the bar in my room. I was jealous today as I got to watch a bunch of people swinging about rightside up, upside down, in groups and even doing a see-saw action. I used to love tumbling and I still swing from bars whenever I can reach them.

Raven has been at Do Jump camp all week which looks like the ultimate playground, with mats to tumble on and bars to swing from and stilts to walk on and tube to roll on. Wow. I went to his peformance today where they did Capoeira, dramatic (clown-like acting, tumbling, trapeze acts and a whole lot more. What kid wouldn't love that?

No comments: