Tuesday, July 21, 2009

harry potter and the half-told story

Alright, I admit that I can be a bit critical of movies based upon beloved books but Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was unforgivable. The omissions they left out were startling. They completely cut out the Gaunts. I was sooooo looking forward to seeing that scene on-screen. I realize that they can't include everything but c'mon! They also set up false things (Dumbledore's wand) for the next film(s). I was just plain pissed. Well, I guess that much is obvious.

The only real bright spot was that I saw this movie in a cool theater that's not too far from me that I haven't been to before, the Moreland. It's an independent theater (yay!!) and it cost me less than $10 for a ticket to a new release along with popcorn and a drink. You can't really beat that. Now I'll just have to go see decent movies there and I'll be set.

No comments: