Monday, October 15, 2007

poznan, poland


We got to go to Poznan todaz, home of the Rozbrat squat. A few years ago, Krystoph from the squat toured the US and stayed at my place for a week. He was real cool and the squat sounded awesome. I was real disappointed when I didn´t see him here. I asked some people about him but everyone I talked to hadn´t lived at Rozbrat very long.

Rozbrat is pretty big, kind of like a high school campus size or maybe the size of a retirement village. It´s surrounded by a fence and there´s a huge gate at the front. We were the only band so the guys played for quite a while. I guess it was the 13th anniversary of the squat so it was really an honor. Al was stoked on the show because, a few days ago, the founder of the squat was back with his band and sprayed pepper spray on the stage. The smell still lingered and Al started gagging in between songs. He said he had always wanted to play in the mist of pepper spray though.

No comments: