Monday, October 8, 2007

chemnitz, germany


I made my escape today.

The lack of privacy is an issue for me on tour. As I've said before, I tend to be a solitary creature so being around these guys all the time gets to be too much for me.

This morning I woke up before anyone else and I decided to explore Gorlitz. It's a beautiful city with cobblestone streets and very old architecture. I got a donut which had unexpected Bavarian creme in the middle (YES!) and a cappuchino and I was off! I walked to a fountain and sat down and just enjoyed Germany. It was fabulous.

Upon returning, we talked for a while, ate breakfast and then headed to Chemnitz. At Chemnitz, we sat around a fire pit for hours waiting for dinner. I should have walked around to explore the town but I didn't want to be away when food was served. I think that all of the sitting in the cold made me sick. :(

The show was good. Icos was awesome and we played with Rakkaus, a band that we played with last year. I wanted to stay up and disco with Icos but I knew my body needed to rest. Damn tour sickness!

No comments: