Saturday, October 6, 2007

hamburg, germany


I generally consider myself good at what I do but today, I was Captain Eat Shit. We went to Hamburg with Marika, a punk from the Kopi and her dog. The dog slept in the back with me most of the way. He was a sweet dog but it was a bit annoying after a while.

When we got to Lobush, the venue in Hamburg, we were taken to an apartment just down the street where this older punk with half his face tatooed served an awesome meal. Kabobs and everything. We ate, then we started arguing. I got defensive and questioned my place on the tour. We haven´t really talked about finances too thoroughly. Then Dom and Justin both had to reassure me that I was valued. We went back to the venue and I realized I had left the money at the apartment. Our cute liason Thomchek had to take me back there. When I got back to the venue, I found that I forgot the merch display in the van. I had to fetch Lenin´s keys from upstairs (eight flights of stairs!) but I couldn´t find them. I ran up and down three times, trying to find them. Finally, Lenin came with me. They were in his bag which was in the middle of the room.

After that, I was very careful and deliberate about what I did and said so as not to screw up again. I was very comforted by the fact that most of the older, rough-looking crusty punks there were queer. They were very sweet. Maybe today wasn´t so bad after all.

No comments: