Monday, October 1, 2007

detroit rock city


So we´re on our way. I feel a lot better now that we´re headed out. I´m still a little concerned about us losing money. It turns out that our booking guy in Czech didn´t get our records pressed. We´ll have CDs after a week or so but no record. For your average band, that would be fine but for a punk band touring Europe, it´s pretty bad. Oh well, we´ll just have to make the best of it.

We went to Detroit today to get our connecting flight to Europe. It was my first time in Detroit and it didn´t leave me wanting to come back. I ate some steak fries that were promised to be vegan but they still made me sick. I threw up on a plane for the first time since I was in fourth grade. However, after I threw up, I felt a lot better and was able to eat supper 10 minutes later. On the flight, everyone had their own personal TV built into the seatback in front of them. We all started out watching Fantastic 4: Silver Surfer but afterwards we all watched something different. I watched Oceans 13. Neither of the films was great but Oceans was better.

UPDATE: the above picture is the tram that runs above the Detroit airport! Whoa...it's like...the future man!

No comments: