Thursday, October 4, 2007

berlin, germany - day one

We stayed with BJ in Ultrecht, the guy who set up the show. In the morning, he made us breakfast and we left Holland properly. It was a long drive to Berlin. People drive insanely fast here because there's no freaking speed limit outside the towns. Last year, I was supposed to be the backup driver for Lenin but the van ended up being a stick and I can't drive a stick very well. Hell, I can't DRIVE very well period. I'm glad now that it's a stick. I would've had so many panic attacks driving here or I just would've killed us all in the most spectacular crash the autoban has seen in a while.

We don't have a show in Berlin until tomorrow but we needed a place to stay and Lenin lives here so here we are. So far, we've had pretty comfy sleeping arrangements. Last night at BJs, he warned us that his cat snores before he went to bed. About fifteen minutes after the lights were turned off at 3 am, there was the loudest snoring I've heard in a while. Justin swears it wasn't him but I don't believe that a cat could make those sounds. I ended up sleeping with ear plugs in for the first time ever.

Well, so far, I'm kind of bored actually. I love it here but I feel like I should be doing MORE. It's Berlin, you know. However, I don't know what part of the city I'm in, Lenin went off to someplace where I don't have the money to follow and all of the guys are kind of really mellow right now. It feels like we haven't really started the tour. Tomorrow's show should be good though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you guys playing in copenhagen? they just arrested 400 kids there today. closing down another youth center.

topher darling said...

I want to play there or at least go there SOOOOO bad but it´s not on the schedule right now.