Friday, October 5, 2007

berlin, germany - day two


Dogshit city again. I used to hate it when I heard people call it that because I love Berlin. However, before we got into the van today to go to the show at the Kopi, three of us managed to step in dogshit. It has this nickname for a reason. Today we played with Question, a band from Minneapolis. After hearing so much about her, I finally got to meet Saira, who played with Dominic in Destation. They were cool. It´s so weird hearing other Americans talk over here after you get used to hearing broken English. Spidey from Portland lives here and she speaks as though English is her second language. At first, one would think that she´s just trying to pass as German but I could totally see myself doing it too after a while. I find myself speaking broken English a lot because that´s how it´s spoken to me so in my mind, that would be the easiest for an ESL person to understand. Anyhow, I love the Kopi. We spent a lot of time here last year even though we never played a scheduled show here. Our friends Kutt and Ania spend a lot of time here and it was pretty clear that they were glad to see us again. We drank a LOT and had a decent disco party afterwards, even if there was no ABBA. :(