Friday, March 26, 2010

my little black box

My computer has been acting up since J128.  I think I screwed up the internet connection at Union Hall.  My computer will disconnect from the wireless router every three or four minutes and will start searching for the Union Hall wireless.  I finally deleted the Union Hall router from my list of wireless routers to locate but it still won't stay hooked up to the net.  Sigh.  I'm afraid I'm going to have to wipe my computer.  The problem is I have a lot of media on my computer and no place to put it so I drove to Fry's to buy a little black box.

The little black box pictured above has 500 GB of memory in it.  That's enough for maybe 400 movies.  Crazy.  However, I have mostly music and pictures that I needed to transfer over.  Since I was headed that way, I put the word out that I was going because I hate to waste gas going alone.  I ended up taking my friend's roommate Mary and her boyfriend as they bought a 50" flat screen that somehow fit into the back of Ashes' car.  I was expecting the drive to be bigger but it's so small and it was less than 70 bux.  Having the piece of mind that my computer can crash and I got everything important backed up is worth so much more to me.

What else?
When I got back, I was hungry so I went to the new Vita location with my roomies for supper.  I haven't eaten there since they moved.  They have the second best veggie chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes in Portland.  The best comes from my house. ;)

No comments: