Saturday, March 27, 2010

my friend moby

Today went just like I thought it should.

Moby, a musical artist I've admired for many many years now was speaking at Powells books today about veganism.  The name of the book is Gristle and some of you can plan to see it in the future because I'll be sending it to you.  It's not a "Go vegan or die" book.  It comes at it from more of a "Look at the consequences of the meat diet" approach.

After having good workout and an awesome breakfast burrito, I biked down to see him speak.  I got there two hours early in order to get a front row seat.  It was an easy Saturday so sitting around in a bookstore for a few hours seemed perfectly logical.

Normally, I don't like seeing people I idolize.  I was afraid that Moby would be a dick or something but he was quite cool.  During the Q&A session, I asked him about the Disco Lies video which is a favorite of mine.  He looked right at me when he answered the question like we were having a conversation.  :)  Plus I got him to sign my book, "DJ Topher."  That's right. Moby acknowledged me as a DJ.  I should have had it signed "Awesome DJ Topher" but I thought that would've been too egotistical.  Anyway, he thanked me for the question and said I could get a picture with him.  Finally, a personal hero that lived up to my expectations.

What else/
While waiting for Moby, I finished "The Art of Racing in the Rain," a book about a dog and his owner.  It was really touching and I had really work to not cry in Powells.

As if the day wasn't good enough, I went out that night.  First I stopped at Galaxy with my house, Dom, Emily, BHT, Justin, Jenn and Christina.  I sang "No Scrubs."  Then I headed off to Blowpony.  It has been far too long since I've been to a Pony and this one reminded me of the first one I went to.  Good times.

No comments: