Thursday, March 25, 2010

in the delta

 I spent yesterday home, not protesting.  Today, I wanted to get out of the house.  I also wanted southern food so I called some friends and ended up at the Delta with Jess, Arturo and BHT.  It wasn't exactly the plan to get everyone together but it worked out nicely.  We had good conversations and a whole lotta food.  I've only ordered the side dishes there before but this time I ordered a meal (crispy tofu and rice in a piquante sauce).  With the dinner came cornbread which was really good and filling.

I also had a morning star drink which was made with habanero-infused vodka.  Jess had a Morning Star which looked like a salad fell into a Bloody Mary.  Arturo had three.  And BHT had the chilled PBR 40 pictured above.  For desert, I had a Cozy Shack which was about perfect.  This was kind of my ideal dining experience for spring break.

No comments: