Tuesday, March 23, 2010

m23

So it turns out that the man a cop murdered yesterday was a homeless man who was self-injuring himself in a public restroom at a park.  "Hey, stop cutting yourself or I'll shoot."

I work with people with self-injurious behavior.  I have friends who work with people with self-injurious behavior.  Nobody has ever got shot and we've never even had to call the police.  I realize that I have more training at dealing with this behavior than your average beat cop would but then again, should they really have guns and be called to such situations if they can't disarm a drunk man with an exacto knife without shooting him three times?

So tonight, we marched again.  We took Hawthorne to try to spread the word of the cops' latest kill to the bystanders and we picked up some people along the way.  I was covering the cops with my camera which I think actually stopped one pig from clubbing a cyclist.  I yelled, "You're on camera, m*therf*cker!" which may seem harsh but it stopped him.

Anyway, I didn't get arrested and there's another plan to march next Monday.  Unfortunately, my spring break will be over by then and I again turn into a Masters student.  Here's hoping that summer break will be more peaceful.

No comments: