Sunday, March 14, 2010

doctoring the rug

I have a lousy sense of smell and that can be a good thing (farty dog) but it can also be a bad thing (cat urine in the room).  The cats in our house will pee on any piece of clothing that is left on the floor.  I'm not the most organized person when it comes to putting my clothes away so my room has ended up smelling like cat urine.

While my roomies were gone, an animal messed in the living room.  I'm assuming it was a cat since their track records are worse than the dog's but it didn't really matter.  I tried to clean it up but the odor hung around.  It got to be so bad that we decided to shampoo our rugs.

We've been living in the house for around 6 years now and it was way past time to clean them.  The cats used to go to the bathroom in my closet.  While I treated individual spots, the whole thing needed a good thorough cleaning.  One of my goals for spring break is cleaning my room up good.  I'm glad I got an early start!

No comments: