Friday, March 19, 2010

j128

 It was a good night.

At our house, we've been counting down to the party like it's Christmas or something.  Every year, it's something different but always something to look forward to you.  There were no cops this year and there was no movie theater but there was a jazz band during dinner and dual projections in different parts of the party.

I had a lot of fun DJ'ing.  I was set to DJ with the Virtual DJ Hercules device but it wouldn't work so I just used the Virtual DJ on my computer and I have to say that I rocked it.  I also played Lady Gaga's telephone twice (LOVE IT) which I would normally never do.  It's like making a mixed tape.  You'd never put the same song on twice, usually not even put the same artist on twice.  It was requested though and I did an excellent job of fulfilling requests.

After my DJ set, exhaustion set in and I was pretty much cashed for the night.  I hung out, talked, got a t-shirt, didn't feel like DJ'ing again after the movie and decided to head home.  It was a satisfying night and I didn't want to end on a bad note or wear out the party so I left.  I never ever catch cabs and tonight wasn't going to be any different. 

I started walking back down roads the cabs would be cruising.  However, I stopped and got a bean and cheese burrito at a new food cart (I don't know the name of it).  I was a tad intoxicated and ended up with burrito in my beard and stache, looking tired and crazed.  By the time I got across the bridge, I was ready for a cab.  I was ready for a nap.  I just wanted to stop walking.  Fortunately, Comfrey answered my wishes and came by with a bike cart.  I didn't think twice about jumping in the back and catching a ride to his house.  It was a beautiful ride and a fun way to end a fun night.

No comments: