Saturday, November 14, 2009

homomentous


Tonight was the second installment of Homomentum. I liked it better than the last Homomentum and perhaps as much as Homo's Got Talent. (Really, they're not that different though.) Cattitude was again one of my favorite performances. One of their members recently lost a cat so they did a tribute to them, again with one of them dressed like a human and the other like a cat. This time, they had a routine to "My Heart Will Go On," complete with using a hair dryer to convey the wind-blown 'King of the World' moment. I love queer culture sometimes.

The other performance of a repeat troupe was the people who did the dinosaur rave last time. They performed an ode to the original lesbians, using a Xena costume and an axe guitar. It was outstanding. I didn't get a good pic of it because I was cheering so hard but I did somehow get a small small video clip of it.


However, like I said, this really wasn't new. My new thing was the after-party and the celebration of my co-worker Greg's birthday at the Basement Pub. They have a lot of board games there for patrons to play. I think I'll head back with some people one of these days in search of a low-key afternoon/evening.

No comments: