Monday, November 9, 2009

we're in this together


I hope that the next two and a half years are as welcoming as school is now, particularly with my classmates.  There's this great feeling of comradery there.  We can relate to each other even though we are all coming from different places and pursuing different interests in the broad spectrum that is social work.  It's nice.

Today, I walked with some classmates from one class to the next while we discussed problematic theories in SW.  I know it sounds like a weak new thing but it was really cool.  Normally, after my first class, I run off and do some errand or have some alone time for 40 minutes until my next class.  However, today we carried  a conversation to the next class.  Academia can be a real snoozer for me but we brought up some interesting ethical dilemmas which I love processing through with people.

Also, I went to a new thai cart today because I had a mad craving for veggie spring rolls.  I was actually hungry for Vege Thai's fake ham spring rolls but Thai Express on 4th had tofu spring rolls for just a buck.  I know I'll be heading back there!

No comments: