Wednesday, May 6, 2009

the time topher tried thai twice


Also known as 'Thai-ed up,' 'Thai-erd' or 'Thai like an eagle.'

I love Thai food but I overindulged today. I had started the NCES trainings again so I got to go to the lunch spot of my choosing and have work pay the bill. I've read some decent things about Eagle Thai on Broadway. Unfortunately, I was under-impressed. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great.

I also heard some decent things about Kuhn Pic on Belmont. Again, I wasn't too impressed. The atmosphere there was at least charming because it is literally a mom and pop operation with mom cooking and pop working the front end.

The downside to doing this blog is that, given the opportunity, I will almost always chose to go out to somewhere new just for the experience even though I know that no Thai will top Thanh Thao on Hawthorne.

No comments: