Friday, May 8, 2009

lesson learned

When I started this blog, I said that a main motivator was to not have days go all Groundhog Day on me and seem like an endless loop. However, it's also resulted in me not really establishing a routine or comfort zone. I do have my habits but I am anxious to break most of them just to have something to write about. After Wednesday's double-thai, double-disappointment day, I decided to stick with what I know today.

I loved the Milo's experience I had last month at NCES training so I went back yesterday and had yet another good experience so I went back today. I sat in almost the same seat each time (I've been working my way seat by seat down the counter) and actually started reading my book today where I left off yesterday. The waitress, Mary Ann, actually said, "Whoa. Deja-Vu."

But it was comforting and it was good. I had different dishes each time and that's about all of the change I needed. I knew I enjoyed the atmosphere and the staff and I knew they had plenty of options for me so I went with what worked. And I couldn't be happier about it. However, I would recommend the hot vegetarian sandwich over the cold. But I'd get fries. Their Hungarian Mushroom soup is okay but it's better at Old Wives Tales. Just something I've learned by experience.

No comments: